13 August 2010

Proctor & Gamble bought Natura (Innova EVO)

I have just found out of some bad news today. On 1 June 2010, Proctor & Gamble and Natura finalized their deal. P&G now owns Natura. If you haven't noticed in the past, P&G + dog food = recalls. I hope this doesn't happen to Natura foods, but it's a risk I'm not willing to take. As soon as Mika gets this bag finished, he's being moved to another brand food. I'm thinking Orijen, but we'll see how his tummy handles it in their red meat formula. Just when I thought I found the perfect food, this happens: http://www.naturapet.com/news/letter.asp

Good bye Innova EVO. I had a wonderful time with you, but I'm not taking any risks.

This makes finding dog food with a red meat formula without chicken meal difficult. Canidae has outsourced to Diamond (know for a long list of recalls). Wellness Core doesn't have a red meat formula. Taste of the Wild has chicken meal in their prarie formula. I really hope Mika's tummy is ok with Orijen. We'll cross our paws and fingers that everything works out with Orijen, the only company I can think of that has a red meat formula that is still independently owned.

2 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We've been watching this since the news hit earlier this year -

Khyra eats AND LOVES her California Naturals Lamb and Rice -

Ironically, we switched to CN when Canidae outsourced AND changed formulation of their ALS product - it was a great thing for us because Khyra ate her Canidae but never really ENJOYED it -

Now she LOVES her CN -

We'll stay with them for now - but are prepared to switch if they give us reason to do so

Good Luck to you!

Melissa said...

Hi Mika. Thanks for visiting niko's blog. So glad to have found your blog.
I feed Niko Innova too, i didn't know about the P&G buyout =(
I bought a bag of Wellness for a change. Niko seems to like it.