I gave Mika a pig ear today after making him do some tricks in Chinese (I'm trying to teach him Chinese so when I take him home to visit my parents, they don't have to struggle to remember the right commands in English.). So far I've taught him sit, down, go upstairs, right paw, and left paw. I still have to teach him come, but so far, he's getting it. Anyways, after I gave him the chew, he decides it would be a good idea to save it for later, so he "buried" it under his bed. I went to wash my hands then came back and his chew was gone. I sat down next to Mika and whispered "where is your chew?" (I really didn't know where his chew was.) like I was asking someone "where is the remote?". No change of tone in my voice to lead him on to what I was talking about. Mika then looked at me, walked over to where he "buried" the chew, took a corner of the bed in his mouth, pulled the bed so it folded over on itself and revealed the chew. Then he took it out and started munching on it.
He comprehends!!!! Now, I just need to talk to him more in Chinese and hopefully he'll catch onto what I'm talking about.
11 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Omg! Isn't it amazing when they understand?? Smart boy!
Hello! Just to let you know, your name was drawn for second place in my print giveaway. If you'd like a free print from my website, please contact us. Thanks!
-Jonathan and Suki
Post a Comment