07 October 2010

Kids in September

This is Mika's mommy posting. I wanted to let everyone know that Mika is back to his old self with kids again.

One day in September, I took Mika out for a walk in the afternoon and I hear across the street some kids saying "awwwww... how cuuuuuttteee!!" They were more mushy sounding than hyper. I heard them "aww"ing at Mika for about a minute as I'm making my way down the hill, and so I turn towards them and ask them if they want to see Mika. Their father was doing some yard work and asked "can they?" I said it was fine and brought Mika over to them. I had Mika sit and let the kids approach. Mika at first jumped back a little, then walked up towards them and let all 3 kids hug him. There was a little boy that hugged Mika and wouldn't let him go for about 5 minutes. Mika was a trooper. He was calm and snuggled up to the little boy and let the two little girls pet him. When the little boy finally let go of him, Mika gave all 3 kids kisses on their cheeks and let them pet him some more. He got hugs from all 3 kids, and petted by all 3 kids everywhere (paws, ears, tail, belly, back, side). I was so proud of him for being so calm by laying there (or sitting when he was being hugged) and letting the kids coo over him.

At one point, the neighbor's chow mix ran over towards the kids barking and Mika got up, and stood between the chow mix and the kids. The chow mix couldn't get to the kids since it was in a fenced yard, but Mika felt the need to protect his kids. After the chow mix calmed down, Mika came back to the kids and let them coddle him some more. I'm sure he loved the attention he got from the kids and the kids were very calm and gentle with Mika. I wish I got the picture of the little boy hugging Mika and Mika kissing all the little kids. It was very sweet and it would have made everyone go "awww." Well, Mika is back to his kid loving self again.

Remembering the little boy hugging Mika, that is what love is. I could tell the little boy really cared about Mika. It was easiest to tell with the little boy because he hugged Mika for so long, but every time each of the little kids hugged Mika, it's like you get a glimpse of their heart. Not tainted in any way, just pure love for what was in front of them. It was very heartwarming. I hope to see the kids out again and bring Mika by some more. We all enjoyed it.

1 comment:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Go Mika Go!

It is always fun when I pull Mom towards the little ones I see on our walks -

They all want to pet me too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra