12 November 2010

Veterans Day

Happy belated Veterans day to all of the Veterans out there! I gave daddy extra love yesterday. =)

Troy and Emmie from Hike for our Heroes was at the Veterans Day parade in San Diego. The SD Shiba Inu Meetup Group scheduled a meetup on that day to see if we could meet Troy and Emmie.

Here are some pictures from the eventful day.

Nami and Troy

Nami got kissed by Troy!

Our shiba friend, Tokyo, guarded our loot. Ah hem, the cookies that are for Troy and Emmie.

The cool thing was, my mommy and Nami's mommy was trying to get a photo with Troy. We followed him around and finally found him when he was about to walk for the second time in the parade, and he told us to join them in the parade! (It took us over an hour to locate Troy because he was running around finishing up stuff before he needed to walk in the parade again.) We were parade dogs! It was my and Nami's first time walking in a parade. We felt so important trotting along. I don't think Nami liked the drum very much, though, because she kept walking closer and closer to me to the point where she is right up against me next to me.

There was so much excitement on Veterans Day that when we got to the car and finished taking turns drinking water from the no spill water bowl, we both slept in the car on the way to the lunch stop. Then we drowsily followed our mommies to sit on the outside of the restaurant (where we dozed some more) and finally went back into the soft seats of the car to get more sleep. That night, though, I was so tired, I didn't want to go upstairs to be with my humans. Daddy had to carry me upstairs because I was so tired, then I curled up in my bed and zonked out.

Happy belated veterans day!

-Mika

8 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Thanks fur sharing your furry special day!

Bravo fur honouring them!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Cynthia said...

Beautiful pictures :)

Tokyo said...

Best day ever! I had lots of fun hanging out with my friends Nami and Mika and the other shibas that stopped by.

The pic of Troy kissing Nami is super cute!
woof- Tokyo

Huskee and Hershey said...

What a very special day!! Hmmm.. Nami didn't look like she enjoyed the kiss a lot though.. hehhe.. love the pics.

sirela said...

Hi Mika and Nami!
This is actually more for your parents. Just wanted to say that I looove following your posts! I stumbled upon your blog a couple of months ago and now i'm actually about to have my very first shiba.

I was just wondering what size collar and harness you use now, and when they were really young pups?

Thanks and I'll be following your posts for sure! =)

Mika said...

Khyra: You're very welcome! -Mika
-----------------------------
Cynthia: Thank you so much! -Mika
-----------------------------
Tokyo: We had lots of fun with you and your mommy. Hold on, I need to cut some cheese to make sure mommy stays away from the computer for a little longer while I respond. Okay. I think that will keep mommy away for a few more minutes. We dubbed you our official mascot for the parade because you posed so nicely! -Mika
-------------------------------
Huskee and Hershey: Nami and I were both tired after the parade. We were there before 1000 and I think when that picture was taken, it was at least 1300, so we were out and about with lots of excitement for a long time. We just wanted our mommies to take us to the car so we could nap! hehe.. sorry for Nami not looking her usual happy, hyper self. -Mika
---------------------------------
Hi Sirela,

Thank you so much! Good luck with your shiba! You need to be strict (as in follow through with what you're teaching them) with the training and start training them early. (That's our free advice. lol. Nah, that's just advice we give to all new owners.)

Both Mika and Nami, we got when they were already full grown, so we don't know what size collar to get for shiba puppies, but we currently have a small size collar and harness for them from The Cozy Critter. Here is their website: http://www.cozycritter.com/ Mika is about 22lbs. I don't remember how much Nami weighs.

Actually, Mika's harness is a medium size and it is too big for him. I have the harness down as small as it will go, and it is still a wee bit loose, so I'd buy a small next time. Your best bet is to go to a pet supply store and just try the collars out. Make sure you can fit at least 2 fingers comfortably underneath the collar. Oh, and for puppies, make sure you check their collars often because they grow so fast! Take lots of pictures too. hehe..

Yup yup, if you have more questions, feel free to ask us, if we can't answer them, we will either try to find out for you, or direct you to someone who can help you. =)

Best of luck!
-Mika's mommy

Mika said...

Khyra: You're very welcome! -Mika
-----------------------------
Cynthia: Thank you so much! -Mika
-----------------------------
Tokyo: We had lots of fun with you and your mommy. Hold on, I need to cut some cheese to make sure mommy stays away from the computer for a little longer while I respond. Okay. I think that will keep mommy away for a few more minutes. We dubbed you our official mascot for the parade because you posed so nicely! -Mika

Mika said...

-------------------------------
Huskee and Hershey: Nami and I were both tired after the parade. We were there before 1000 and I think when that picture was taken, it was at least 1300, so we were out and about with lots of excitement for a long time. We just wanted our mommies to take us to the car so we could nap! hehe.. sorry for Nami not looking her usual happy, hyper self. -Mika
---------------------------------
Hi Sirela,

Thank you so much! Good luck with your shiba! You need to be strict (as in follow through with what you're teaching them) with the training and start training them early. (That's our free advice. lol. Nah, that's just advice we give to all new owners.)

Both Mika and Nami, we got when they were already full grown, so we don't know what size collar to get for shiba puppies, but we currently have a small size collar and harness for them from The Cozy Critter. Here is their website: http://www.cozycritter.com/ Mika is about 22lbs. I don't remember how much Nami weighs.

Actually, Mika's harness is a medium size and it is too big for him. I have the harness down as small as it will go, and it is still a wee bit loose, so I'd buy a small next time. Your best bet is to go to a pet supply store and just try the collars out. Make sure you can fit at least 2 fingers comfortably underneath the collar. Oh, and for puppies, make sure you check their collars often because they grow so fast! Take lots of pictures too. hehe..

Yup yup, if you have more questions, feel free to ask us, if we can't answer them, we will either try to find out for you, or direct you to someone who can help you. =)

Best of luck!
-Mika's mommy