13 October 2009

USN Birthday and Memory of Mika's daddy's Mom

What a lucky pup. He gets to celebrate the birthday of two military branches: USN (13 October) and USMC (10 November).

Today is the birthday of the United States Navy. Mika's daddy is a sailor, so Mika is a 1/2 Navy family dog, and the other 1/2 is a USMC family dog (Mika's collar is the USMC desert camo collar, his harness will be the USN camo.. Well, he will have the USN camo harness when we get our funds in balance again and I can order his harness from www.cozycritter.com). When we adopted him, we adopted him from a Marine Corps family, so we'll be celebrating the USMC birthday too. (We will always celebrate both birthdays with him. He will forever be part of the family we adopted him from, and they visit every once in a while since Mika's first daddy and Mika's current daddy are friends.) Since Mika's daddy and I had to work, we celebrated when we got home. He got a great meal of kibble, mixed with some chicken and rice baby food (to act like gravy), and some of the Natural Balance sausage-like roll. I don't think he knew what the occasion was, but he got a good meal and I'm pretty sure he loved it because he licked the bowl clean. It's like the bowl just came out of the dish washer, if no one saw me prepare the food in the bowl, I'm pretty sure, they would have fed Mika again because of how clean the bowl was (I think they would have thought that I didn't feed the furball yet).

Happy birthday USN!

Okey dokey, on another note: Happy breast cancer awareness month!

I urge all females to be proactive in keeping your health in check. Mika's daddy's mom passed away this month some years ago from breast cancer, if she hadn't passed, today would be her birthday. May she rest in peace!

Happy breast cancer awareness month, and happy birthday to the USN!

1 comment:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Lots of festive dates to celebrate!

And times to honour others...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: My word is TATER!