25 October 2009

Warm day + Playing fetch = ?

So, I was playing fetch with mommy this afternoon and it was pretty warm. Mommy had sprayed down the ground I was running on (and kept spraying the ground so the water would be cooler), so my paws were cool, but she thought that wasn't enough.. Today was doggy overboard training day (Man... two consecutive days? Daddy did doggy overboard yesterday too at the meetup.). It had been a while since I had been in the pool and I guess mommy wanted to make sure sure sure sure sure that I knew where the stairs were. I couldn't go in the pool for a while because my wounds were still healing and mommy thought she needed to make up for the times she couldn't do the drill.. Anyways, mommy "accidentally" threw the ball into the pool and she helped me get it close to the side of the pool so I could get it... and then she pushed me into the pool! How rude! She also proceeded to laugh as I was paddling about. Truth be told, I was very happy that I was in the pool. I stood on the top step for the longest time (it was just deep enough where my legs and the bottom most part of my chest was in the water, the rest of me was out, so mommy had no worries of me getting tired and drowning. Even if I were to sit, I would still be well out of the water).. It felt so good to have my paws in nice cooooooool water. I think mommy figured out that I was thankful for being pushed into the pool because she said "Ohh.. so you like that, huh?" Anyways, the doggy overboard drill went on a few more times to "make sure I wasn't too hot while the movers were moving stuff and I was stuck in the back yard." One thing is for sure: I did not get heat stroke.

I'm trying to be a ghost!


So.... Uncle is moving back in with us!!!!!!!!!! I can sucker him into letting me stop whenever I want to during walks!

2 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Good lukhk with that!

I'm sure he'll be putty in your paws!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Huskee and Hershey said...

LOL.. good that your mom is taking all precautions!! We wish we had a pool to cool off in.. won't that be wonderful?