I've recently been notified by another shiba owner that there have been some complaints about Canidae dog food. I have had no trouble feeding M&N Canidae beef and ocean fish.
Their stool is firm, they have no diarrhea, and no vomiting. Mika's fur is softer than when he was on Beneful and Royal Canin. He actually finishes all of his food now and looks forward to eating breakfast and dinner.I can't say much about Nami, we just recently finished switching over from her Eukanuba to Canidae B&OF.
I think that was what she was on before. We got a gallon size zip top bag with enough food to switch her over to our food and was told it was Eukanuba food. So far she's doing well on the food and she's eating. Her stool looks better than when she was on Eukanuba.Anyways, we haven't had trouble with Canidae yet, so far so good.
If anything happens, we'll post it here and the next food I have lined up for them to try is Innova Red Meat Large bites.
I want to wait until Nami is at least 1 year old before switching them to Evo red meat large bites. If we do end up switching them if problems with Canidae arises.
Mika will swallow the food without much chewing if the bites are too small. I found that out when we had him on Royal Canin small breed adult kibble. Also, red meat because Mika hates bird products. He's not allergic to birds, at least not that we think. When he was eating Beneful, he picked out all of the red meat kibble and left the rest.
When he was on Royal Canin, he would go days without eating.
He would eat the dehydrated chicken treats (similar to the treat below),
but not chicken biscuits. He doesn't get the itchies or the runs from chicken, for some reason he just doesn't like eating them. Maybe he knows something that we don't.Nami, on the other hand, loves chicken. She loves chicken treats and loves anyone who gives her chicken treats.
Note: Pictures from today's post are not taken by us. They were found on the dog food's website, a pet store website, or a Google image search.

4 comments:
when i was looking to switch foods, one i kept coming across as a quality dog food was blue buffalo. I never actually switched because it was too expensive for my budget. we currently feed ours nutro max natural and supplement it in the morning with an omega 3 liquid.
Well, I've had my eye on Innova since before we switched Mika to Canidae B&F. I went with Canidae B&F because of his eagerness to try the food compared to the other ones we tried at the store. I went to a pet food store that had samples of everything they carried and let Mika sample different foods. He only sniffed the chicken/bird base food, and he loved the lamb Canidae and beef Canidae. He liked the Solid Gold lamb, but not as much as the Canidae. We didn't get around to trying Innova, just seeing how eager he was to chow down on the small handful of Canidae B&F/lamb food we had in our palm was enough to persuade me to try Canidae.
Mika hasn't had problems with Canidae B&F for at least 6 months, and we're about 3/4 done with the second big bag (totalling 3 bags if you include the 1 small bag I bought at first to make sure he took to the food). The one I'm watching is Nami because she's new to the food (eating it for less than a month). Mika has been on the "new" Canidae formula for long enough that if anything were to happen it would have already happened. Anyways, so far, nothing is wrong with Nami.
I used to eat Khanidae ALS - and did well with it...
BUT when they switched the formulation at the same time they outsourced their produkhtion to one of the manufakhturers that had some of the khanine deaths due to their processes, my mom switched me.
I switched to Khalifornia Naturals - furst the herring and sweet potato - enjoyed it alot but my breath was a bit tooooooo ocean like SO now I'm on the lamb and rice.
I'm glad woo have something they enjoy - that is furry important too! I do eat my KhN a bit more vigorously that I did my Khanidae -
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
Here, we're on Orijen 6 fishes and Akira's coat looks amazing and the vet was pretty impressed by his health :)
Their website announces a red meat formula which we will probably try once it's available.
Post a Comment