Then when mommy got out of the car, the smell of the ocean hit me like a ton of delicious bricks of doggy treats(mommy had the a/c and circulation on, so I didn't smell anything from outside)! I remember this smell! I was so excited when we were walking to the waterfront that I was zig zagging around in front of mommy and daddy despite the fact that they were trying to get me to "heel." They took me to the faaaar end of the dog beach in Coronado next to the base so I'd have to run further to escape to the non-dog side of the beach and the dog run area towards the street. Once I got there, they let me off leash and I was good for about half an hour.
I was running around in the water and swimming about next to daddy when the water got too deep for me.
Then, I decided, I like the sand more than water, so I went running towards the other end of the dog beach. It was so funny watching daddy just stand there looking after me and mommy running after me. I stopped by a family who were hanging out to sniff their bulldog's butt. Then I saw a couple throwing a nerf ball around and I played "monkey in the middle" with them until mommy chased me down and walked me by my harness back to daddy where I was leashed. Then mommy brought me back to the ocean to play in the water some more. We were there for probably an hour and a half, then we were on our way home. When daddy tried to rinse me off at the end, I was running away from the water. It didn't smell like the water I was swimming in, so I didn't want it to touch me. On the way home, I was so tired, I decided it was a great time to nap. Daddy took this picture right when I woke up, so I still look kind of sleepy. 
Stuff mommy and daddy learned today: I can swim and I like water enough to voluntarily run and jump in and paddle about. Looks like mommy and daddy don't have to worry about me not being able to swim at the pool in the new house. Only have to worry about the new shiba, which they will hopefully be meeting this week or next! They've sent an email to the shiba rescuer with the days they are available to meet the new family member, hopefully one of those days work!
Me wading in the water with daddy.
Look! It's a shiba that likes water! Mommy kept asking me: "what kind of shiba are you?" But she was glad I liked water. She loves water, she lives for water. Daddy keeps calling her a fish out of water because sometimes she's awkward on land. Oh and she gets land sick, not sea sick. Such an odd human.
I was swimming.. mommy missed it. By this time, my feet were already touching the sand.
Still wading in the much liked salt water.Mommy apologizes for the weird picture sizes. Daddy's cell phone camera sizes the pictures differently depending on if you use zoom or not. =/

6 comments:
WOW!
Woo had khwite the khool day!
I khan't wait to see some pikhs!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I wonder why my mom smiled at the part about your mom running after woo? Is that bekhause she's done THAT fur me?
Ah Mika is so cool! I wish Akira would swim too but he only likes to put his feet in the water :)
wow! great pictures. we don't have a beach around here, so not sure if we'd like it or not, but it looks good!
Akira & Shiro: Waa? You don't have a beach near you? Do you need me to send you some sand and salt water? I can make my human send you some sea water and sand, you can try to make your own mini beach.
Mika!
What are you doing in the water?! You are one brave Shiba... Winnie won't even let her feet get wet when we go hiking. She hops the rocks, just like the people do... Looks like a grand time at the beach.
You're awesome. Because I usually run in the opposite direction of water. Lol!
Post a Comment