We finally moved to our new house with my gigantic back yard and swimming pool. I was put into the pool 3 times the first day we moved in to make sure I can get out on my own. Two days after we moved in, we went to go meet our new family member. She's a 6 month old red sesame (more red than sesame) rescue. (Pictures are on the camera, but mommy can't find the camera cable.) Nami is still going through her 2 week trial, but we're pretty sure she's staying. We had a couple of scuffles, but we're getting along great now. (She's the first dog I actually played hard with.) I don't get how she is so brave by the pool. I like to stand a foot away and stretch to sniff the edge of the pool, she just trots over and sniffs. She loves to patrol the perimeter of the pool.
-Mika
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi everyone! I'm Nami. I'm still adjusting, but I think I'm doing well. I would like to announce my apology to my older brother, Mika. I think I need to explain. On Monday morning, I woke up to Mika eating food out of my food bowl. I had to tell him that he was eating out of my bowl (hold on, I want to tickle mommy and make her squirm by licking her toes. hehehe) and nicked his paw pad and one of his toes with my teefies. I feel bad for doing that, mommy had to bring him to the vet (whispers: and they put a cone on him. He looks so silly, hehe.) I'm sorry big brother. Since that little fight, we haven't fought since and he let me kiss him and he even returned a kiss. When I first came, I was house trained, but only knew how to go on pee pads, and was on an odd middle of the night schedule. Since I have a nice big yard now, I've found that I like going potty outside so much more. I have such a large bathroom area now instead of a little 2ft x 2ft pee pad. Oh, I went on a swimming lesson too. Mommy was amazed at how quickly I got out the first time. Daddy put me in, and I swam a small circle, and managed to hop out without using the stairs. Daddy put me in again and I made it to the stairs faster than big brother.
Here is me after I went swimming and dried off a little. You can still see that I'm still kind of wet on my back. I ran away from the towel after a while, but mommy and daddy ended up giving me a bath anyways.

This is how tired I was after swimming.

On Sunday, we went to the Escondido street faire. I had lots of fun being shown off. (Mommy: they let dogs come to the faire. We were on our way to Petsmart and the faire was blocking off the routes that I was trying to use to get there, so after Petsmart, we dropped by the faire to browse.) Mommy and daddy were stopped so many times.
Most people asked what kind of dogs we were, which meant mommy had to input that we're mischievous escape artists and some of our other "extreme" quirks. *lays down and looks sweet* I don't understand why mommy said that, I don't think we're that bad and hard to take care of, just let us be us- (Mika: -and we can conquer the world!). A lot of people stopped us and said that they were shiba owners too (or knew someone who owns one, or some). Mommy and daddy were surprised at how many shiba there were that were around the area (they didn't see any, but just from how many people stopped them).Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm 20.3 lbs, and longer than my big brother (barely taller height-wise)... which means... When I finish growing, I'm going to be bigger than him!!!! kekeke
Okay, time to explore again!
Kisses,
Nami
P.S. Mommy helped me spell check. I had to give her credit because she let me tickle her for a while.
Oh, after my 2 week trial is up, mommy is going to take me to the vet to get a full check up and some preventative stuff. She can't do it now because she doesn't have all of my papers yet. That's being sent to us soon. The vet has my rabies information, but that's it.

7 comments:
WOO HOO!
Welkhome!
I'm sure woo will have him trained in NO time at all!
BEKHAUSE:
Girls rule!
Boys drool!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: We khan't wait until woo find the khamera khable!
Hello Nami,
Big Welcome to you!! You have found yourself a wonderful home and family to live with..
Dear Mika (whispering).. I feel for you buddy.. I have a little sister who is twice my height and weight and I get bullied all the time!! Then again, with that said, it's nice to have someone to play with and to gang up against the 2-legged humans..
Welcome, Nami. Mika, don't worry it gets easier having a younger sibling, I should know since Shiro and I have been brothers now for a little over five years!
Luv,
Akira
Congrats on your new Shiba, Nami! She certainly lucked out with your family!!!
I'm not sure how I missed this post, but I'm glad you made a comment on our blog - it prompted me to check in on yours! Again, a big congrats...
Welcome home, beloved Nami!
Rudolf to Mika: My heart goes out to you dude, thou I don't have twice the size of a YOUNGER sibling as you do (soon...), but just a bit heavier than me goes a loooong way...
Mine here doesn't really brakes well, so esp. he is on 'high speed' it means I am the speed breaker between him and the wall. How sad at times huh? And I have also learnt to greet my hoomans when they come home AFTER he does because of this... (Because I get flung out of the maindoor whenever he brakes badly, then I get scoldings for it).
Argh!!!
But having said that, its somehow good to have a sibling too, it confuses your hooman abit when they come home as if a tsunami has hit. They won't know who! Lol...
God Bless EVERYONE/DOG in your home!!! Love, Rudolf & Goofy
Thank you all for the warm welcomes. Unfortunately, it took us 4 months to find out that it never really worked out between the two. Luckily, Hana's family was willing to take Nami in, so she's not far away, and the two still get to see each other.
Post a Comment