05 May 2009

Confused

Mommy thinks I'm confused about what breed I am. Today, I was in the dead weeds area of the yard pointing like a pointer with my nose about a centimeter away from a lizard. I even had my right paw up and tucked back like a pointer. My tail didn't go straight though, but other than that, I was completely still until a few seconds later when the lizard moved. Then I just jumped back and sneezed, which to mommy was hilarious because she was laughing at me for a good couple of minutes before my stare to her made her stop. Mommy didn't get a picture because it happened all too fast for her to grab the camera, turn it on, and snap a picture. The lizard ran away before I could chomp down on it after I sneezed. I did go and search for it to see if it was still there for me to snack on, but unfortunately, it had already left.

Mommy will get some sounds of the imitator mockingbird sometime this weekend. The birds were mostly quiet today because of the USMC jets that were flying about.

3 comments:

Huskee and Hershey said...

Hahaha.. lucky for the lizard.. it was a well timed sneeze that saved it's life (or tail)!!
Our mom is terrified of lizards and would so freak out if we got that close to one!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are a virtual khameleon of a khanine!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

we do that too--shibas did it before pointers! we have no factual evidence to prove this, just genetic memory!